Friday, July 6, 2018

Old original characters and some revamps : Original

So, I decided to make a post writing about old OCs, some of which have been reworked and revamped. There will be old art dating back from 2009 (I think I might have older but not sure).

Posting this as an introductory image. This was my "persona" or avatar or whatever they're called now. I just called her Katsa. There was also a male counterpart, Kats. Anyways, my persona changed too...


This is Daniel. Since I discovered anime I really liked kemonomimi, basically people with animals ears and tails. He was a red panda. Also he was my first gay character, because with anime I also discovered the joys of shounen ai and yaoi. This shit is from 2009 so baby Artie got fujo'd early.
 
 Daniel and his boyfriend, Yorienel. The file name is even called "lovely gays". Honestly it was mostly innocuous stuff, them holding hands and stuff. I don't particularly remember their personalities. Yorienel started as a character named "Master" who was an artisan of some sorts, I think he was vaguely straight, then I changed his name (no idea what Yorienel means btw) and paired him with Daniel.
Despite being a weeb, only like two characters had Japanese names, the rest had made up fantasy names or real people names.

Here's a drawing of Yorienel from 2010. I wanted to get away from the purple hair so I gave him two-toned hair. Also don't ask if he was supposed to be a gay stereotype I was like 15 I didn't put too much thought into drawing.



Ok, these are doodles from 2010 so his design changed some. He started out with some anime-ass hair but then he mellowed out. Daniel also lost the ears.

I believe this was the final design of Yori, yes he literally didn't have a shirt. I think he may have been meant to be a little bit flamboyant.

This is the last drawing of Yorienel, from 2011. Safe to say, he was abandoned after that. Also this post is gonna showcase all the mediums I used to use... this was done in watercolors.

NOW TO DANIEL

A doodle of David, Kiki (Kiseki) and Yorienel. From 2009. Here David has lost the animal ears but still has very anime hair. Also I loved bandanas, lots of characters had them. And I wore them irl... I was a fashion mess.

David got a redesign where I dropped the anime hair and gave him a ponytail. Also I started using grayscale markers. This is from 2010

And here we have a sudden change in quality, since this doodle is from 2012. I COMPLETELY revamped Daniel, made him more mature and more masculine. I made him a mechanic or a similar character. Yorienel stayed the same mostly but gained a shirt. Haven't done anything with them since... As they're not particularly exciting characters.

Let's move on to different characters...

This guy's name is Sebastian, which MAYBE was inspired by Black Butler, don't know. I have no idea what his story was, he had bunny ears with tiger stripes and there are some edgy drawings with blood. He is completely scrapped and I freed up the name Sebastian for a different OC.

Speaking of edgy drawings here is my male persona Kats. Basically Katsa and Kats were the same just genderflipped. They obviously didn't have a lore since they were author avatars. Eventually I turned them into OCs....

Acid and Timothy, and yes, I do realize how bizarre the naming sounds. The ears/tails are straight up ripped off from some petsite, don't remember its name. I created them into a fantasy race of people, something called Jewel Demons or whatever. All I remember is that it's primarily and all female race so the girls get "cool" names like Acid and the males are sickly, shunned and get normal human names... or something. I tried to write a story some years ago but scrapped it, since I was a teenager and teenagers can't write worth shit.
Alexander, another animal-ear-person. I think I wanted to "ship" him with Sebastian but Alex was so boring he just drifted into nothingness... Really nothing to say about him. Not how I accidentally made an o3o on his body.

Now comes a more interesting character - Nii, Nikki, Nicole. She started out as a, I shit you not, Naruto OC. Instead of being a ninja or akatsuki member she was a demon.... the two tailed cat demon Nibi. So she was originally a quadrupedal cat with two tails. Eventually I got bored of that so I made her into a human. Also an OC - she was a soul catcher, used that bubble blower thing to catch souls. I never developed any deeper lore than that.

At some point Nikki changed design and also gender. He became a boy.

It was some weird shit where he was a girl turned into a dude or a dude with a girl's soul. I don't know what I was going for. I kind of dropped his concept.

Since Nikki was sort of a proto-witch character, I used the concept and made a new character, Nicole, who is a witch who also believe in The One. She is an odd, air headed girl who follows a doomsday religion but is very chipper about it. Also no weird sex change shenanigans, she's just a girl. I kind of based her on that Eastern European Pagan Boho girl aesthetic, with the hair tie and traditional blanket. Also kinda inspired by Angie from Dangan Ronpa V3 (the weeb never dies).

Let's go to another cat-oc turned human: Sheila.
She was one of my true original OCs, she was this black cat that had a sentient tail if I'm not mistaken. When I made her human design, I made her hair sentient. I never really did much until I revamped her sometime in 2014.

 She looks a bit like an oni girl but that wasn't my intention. I dropped her concept but I might remake her again as a sister to a character that already showed up (next to Nicole up above). That character is Shane, who started out as Shawn, sister to Sheila. Two cat monsters with sentient tails. Shawn/Shane died off sooner than Sheila so I revived him now, might as well bring Sheila back from the dead. We'll see.

Time to go into weeb territory...

 This girl was originally named Kami, yes, as in god. She was a sort of avatar (I think she was made from Katsa... not sure, but I remember she was a stand in for my author avatar), also she was a demon girl. I like demons so I revamped her further.

 I renamed Mikka, which is both an anagram for Kami and also adds an extra k to not be confused with singer Mika. She is simply a mischievous demon girl who has a half-brother.

This is the half brother, originally his name was Mashin (as in... devil), then I renamed him Martin. As you can see by the wings, he is a half-demon-half-angel so he was bullied by his pureblood sister. They were a part of the first story I wrote, their father was none other than Satan. The story went nowhere.

Sometime in 2015 I tried to revive the idea, I turned Martin into a depressed human dude who is tormented by a trickster demon Mika. Didn't do anything with this... so... they're in limbo for now.

Let's continue with the angel and demon stuff, next up is an angel I simply named Mii:

 She was pink. Very pink. No idea about her role. She had a nemesis named Belial, who was actually named after a demon.


Lots of funny, sexy shenanigans!

At some point I redesigned Mii, but that concept went nowhere.


Sometime in 2013 I tried to revive her as Muriel, this time actually making her an angel and naming her after one. Yes, I am aware she looks like Fluttershy, that was deliberate probably. Sadly this went nowhere because my angel/demon story imploded in my brain, so whatever.

Now I'm gonna do an image and info dump with some other characters who never survived until today:
 Her name is Maria, she was a demon, no idea if she has any other features about her. The horns might have been ripped off from Elfen Lied, not entirely sure.

 William, a half-vampire half-human guy. Nothing really happened with him.

 Christopher, a young boy who could talk with spirits and demons, while most couldn't. Tried incorporating him in a bigger story, never went anywhere.

 Ben, a cow-boy. He was part of a bigger story but I scrapped him.
 Ok, this guy probably should have been with the other character who HAVE survived, but he's kinda on and off. Samael, a demon guy who I used as an RP character. I revived him in 2016 for an RP and revamped his story - he is now a fallen angel, trapped as a librarian by angels after demons lost the war.

A more recent design - still has "unnatural" colors but no more demonic elements to him. He's cute and I keep him at the back of my memory.

 Here's some more of Mii.


 She was supposed to be a moral compass to a character named Victor.

Here's more of Victor, he was a demon hunter but since the story he was part of was scrapped, so too he was scrapped. Now I claimed Victor as the name for the father of a current OC.

Victor has a twin sister... Victoria. Who also was a demon hunter but got captured, that's why the collar.


 Some more of Victoria.
A really old doodle of Victoria for contrast. 

Found a revamped doodle of Acid. I like her design but I have nowhere to put a non-human character in my current projects.

 Ok now come for the true rejects:

 Don't remember what this OC was called, was some weird puppet monster thing.

 Gabriel, a lobster boy. He was a real darling of mine but I abandoned him after a while, he just drifted away. I'm thinking of revamping him as a human-familiar for my current big story and make him a side character in Wiike's restaurant, a waiter alongside Shane, so they could fit the chipper fun guy trope. I'll see about that.

I actually tried redrawing him once and updating his design but it never went anywhere... because I just don't do non-human characters that much. So I'm thinking.

At one point I turned my own cat into an OC so he was a spiky haired anime boy, this is a generic chibi hiding anything important.

 Made a gijinka for my old PC aptly named Jerk, because the computer was old and slow and full of garbage.

 This guy is Kahu, named after a DDR song of all things, there was nothing about him just that he was a cat boy with barbell piercings. Cool.

 Kiwi, partly based on the bird, partly based on the fruit.

 This guy was called Blitzkrieg only because I thought the name was cool, didn't actually have any relation to war or whatever. No idea why three eyes.

 Lucky, a green cat boy. Probably "Lucky" because green like a clover leaf.

And lastly, all my author avatars through the years....
Me in 8th grade, I was a typical emo kid. Also drew myself with boobs because here I hadn't developed a male persona.

 Then I became more creative with my design, saturated the colors and added a cowlick/ahoge because it was an anime thing.

 Eventually started going by "Artie", dulled out colors to purple (my hair was dyed irl just not this precise color), also I drew tumblr nose before it was cool.

 I had bright yellow pants irl but mostly I designed my own cool version of myself. Now I drew my avatar in a more androgynous to masculine way.

Here comes the depression/sadboy aesthetic. Dulled out colors too.



I would mostly draw "myself" for vents. The last one I really like though it is very... not me. A kind of handsome, androgynous character for sure, though.

Last picture of a side shave....


 

 Stopped dying my hair (except once), still had short, asymmetric hair.  Still drew myself for venting purposes.

 Here I drew myself with a female body again, stopped using a male persona mostly.

 Tried a self portrait of sorts. Not really how I look (couldn't and still can't draw realistic).

Drew a witchsona when they were popular. 


 I'd say this is the current design of my persona... mostly like me but with a little plant growing out of my head.


 And this shall be the last image of this massive post, again, a more chill drawing for a vent. At some point I realized I have a birthmark on my face so I started adding it in drawings.

I think this concludes all my old and abandoned or revived OCs and my own author avatar. I'm not including any new OCs since they don't count as abandoned...







No comments:

Post a Comment