Wednesday, June 14, 2017

I seem to post once every 6 months : GE and some other things

Due to my inability to stick to one thing consistently, from time to time I come to blogger to simply blog. Also to show off my constant relapse into certain things, however, I will cover many things in this blog, sort of starting with most interesting and then turning to rambles as the post goes on.

Right now I'm messing Granado Espada Europe since there was a an event that gave all sorts of gears, got several evil weapons. As you can see I also got cadet Lionel, who's pretty cool. At this point I have better gear in GE Eu than in GE Online, so after the event ends and I lose interest in GE again I will probably return to the European server if anything. 

I'm doing all the quests which is honestly a pain in the ass only because I hate redoing things and also some things have changed significantly. Some quests are obviously nerfed so even experts can do this but for Grace's return to Bristia quest you had to fight a really strong Cherlyn for some reason, I put the quest off because she would simply decimate my team but with patience I did it. 

Here's Grace posing next to Heyran with a constellation shotgun because that weapon series in now quite affordable and accessible. A lot of low-tier weapons are now that they're basically baby-tier.

Doesn't bother me since I will never be a full fledged player - won't join any factions and farm for high tier weapons anyways, will leech off events.

Here's a picture of my current team: Emily, Battle smith Idge and Cadet Lionel. Emily is just an old favorite of mine and I'm most used to her. Battle smith Idge is a pretty good melee character, considering the fact I don't have any other "good" rare melee characters or regular characters. Cadet Lionel simply is a good addition because getting Punisher for regular Lionel is a pain in the ass, even if now it's cheaper and all. 

I should work on getting all sorts of characters, especially since recruitment quests get nerfed too, or changed and then I screw myself. Apparently for Ion's quest you can get a quest version of the instance, but it's solo and actually quite difficult and you can't cancel it. So I get to about 10-20 % of the boss' HP and then get decimated. I even got a fighter to Master and got her a shield that adds together 4 DR and still when the Rose spirit summons her little minions it gets too spicy... Maybe I need the fighter to have a slightly better weapon. Or racials for Lionel. Whatever!

I think this is all about GE, I'll put the rest of my ramblings under the cut, it's mostly about my original stories and some semi-personal stuff I suppose.


Sooo, I've been thinking of developing my original characters but not necessarily put everything online because if I seriously want to make a comic then revealing every detail would spoil all the important bits of the story, then I might as well never make a comic!

On another note - I'm in a slump because I don't know where to find a community to submit my art. I'm kinda iffy about tumblr, still put my art up there, also on deviantart. On deviantart you at least have groups even for original stuff, on tumblr you need to either make a relatable comic or sell yourself out to a fandom which I do not want for several reasons. Another problem is that as I mentioned at the start of the post - I have creative commitment issues, I can commit to my own work in waves but I have a hard time being part of a community and interacting. It sounds selfish as fuck but I could be a creator who shows their art to other but I'm not really good at interacting with other people's work...

At this point I might as well join some critique or world building or art related forum because then at least I could get ideas. I should in general finally practice my art in a productive way. Maybe relearn some fundaments, especially in perspective - I have to start drawing environments and backgrounds. There's a lot I have to do but I'm just so... lazy? It's really hard to pick up the pencil. I've thought about taking art classes just so I have someone to whip me in shape but that again takes effort.

In general I just need to sort out my own issues and focus on drawing. This summer I will diligently make profile for my characters on toyhou.se, write down some story ideas in my notebook and write extended character profiles for personal use (containing details that would be spoilers if released to public).


Another thing is that I'm finally getting a job, which will be full time during summer and part time during school year (finished Bachelor and already going for a Master's, sigh...). Knowing how most people with jobs feel I'm pretty sure my creativity will either go down to a halt or be crippled severely, I doubt I will actually be able to take any sort of art class. Maybe I'll have a chance to do small practices every day if I'm lucky. Real talk - I have very changing and often little mental energy. I burn out easily and after a day of university or, god forbid, work I will most likely browse the internet watching youtube videos rather than doing art studies. 

Maybe I should look at art the same way I look at fitness? Even a little exercise a day, breaking a sweat, is better than nothing at all. If you do a little bit of study each day it's better than mindless doodles or no drawing at all, right?

At least that's what I tell myself. 

One final thing - I'm thinking of maybe getting a new PC as a graduation gift. Honestly my old PC is like 10 years old with minor upgrades but I just feel like I need a new one with better CPU, better ram, better video card and most important - more space. Don't know how that will work out. If the gift thing fails I'll use my salary to save up for a computer - my job is in my hometown and my only real expenses are dorm rent, ticket for public transport with significant student discount and some food. I'll see how much euros I'll be able to put aside, also if I'm lucky I might get a scholarship at Master's so there's that. If I get anything above minimum wage I'll survive... even if I help out mom financially I'll be able to save at least some dosh. I'm positive of that. 

Besides I have savings in my account already but I'm keeping those for any sort of "emergency", you know, if something breaks or there's suddenly no money. It's weird to talk about money as if I have a lot of it... Honestly if I had to live in my own apartment in Riga I'd be screwed so I'm genuinely happy I could get a job in my hometown, maybe I can even save up for a renovation of our current flat. I'm only thinking of moving out if/when I get a permanent romantic partner... 

Ok, enough serious talk. Next post will be how I got inspiration about a certain character.

No comments:

Post a Comment