Sunday, June 14, 2020

Talking about the new quest and other things I like : Warframe

I really am turning to blogger of all places, huh. Yet another yearly update since I like this place despite barely using it.

I want to talk about the Deadlock Protocol quest but want to be mindful of spoilers so decided that the smartest course of action would be to write a blog post, under a read more, that nobody will see... Except me.

Blogger has changed how you add pictures, this will be awkward...
Anyways, I can't do a blog post without adding a little introductory image, so have Furfur (Valkyr) meeting a friendly Solaris captive.

I always feel compelled to help the Solaris out when playing on the new tileset. πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

Under the cut I'm gonna talk about the QUEST, I suppose a mild spoiler warning is in effect, though I am still trying to keep vague. 😳

Look, Nef has a body! And a ridiculous hat!
Ok, first things first - I absolutely loved Nef in this, he is such a delightfully narcissistic dirtbag, you really really feel how much in love with himself he is. (mad props to his VA...) Makes it all the better when Parvos disses him and Nef goes from smug cat to crycat in a second, without a beat. You know, I'm a bit sad our player character is forced to be a silent protagonist but at least someone gets to bully the villains. Good. I can still enjoy Nef have a narc rage moment... Maybe one day I can kick his ass and watch him cower. I wonder if he'd be a crybaby like Alad if you got to beat him mano-a-mano.

Speaking of Parvos, the fact that Corpus ideology is more about self-reliance and not quite about mere profit is very interesting. Warframe quest does what Warframe quest does best - gives you some crumbs and makes you DESIRE more. Probably should start looking for the reliefs for extra lore, I spend all my Granum Crowns on liberating Solaris otherwise. 😳

On a mission I heard the propaganda-sentry say "Charity is power and more charity is more power" or something like that and it made me think of the Perrin Sequence, but a bit more perverse, as the sentry message seemed to imply you use charity to empower yourself over others. A sort of faux-beneovelent god or make people indebted to you via favors.

I also liked seeing more of the Solaris, especially Eudico, in the quest. I'm sad I can't say anything to the allies of my player character either... I just stand there in my frame like a buffoon. I want to encourage Eudico and tell her that she's doing great and that we'll kick Nef's ass together. I'm more than just a thug-for-hire, I promise!
The Solaris are just very compelling in general, been doing bounties and just mucking around and I like the attitudes of the NPCs. The downtrodden proles really appeal to me and the general cyberpunk-y aesthetic of Fortuna too.

New Jackal fight is exciting, mostly because I love the Parazon-attack segments. Only issue is that you can cheese the death-ray-wall parts with Operator Void mode or Valkyr's Hysteria (or just any other invulnerability ability), but whatevs I hope this will be fun for newbs at least.

I accidentally came across the Parvos shrine... Everything is so beautiful in the ship tile rework, I could just post a bunch of screenshots and go ooh and aah, which I will do since there is a lot of cool details.

The treasurers sitting in enclosures, not sure how to explain it better. They're tapping away at screens. They look so goofy and they sound even goofier, I just feel compelled to blow them up the moment they appear... The Corpus really bring out my inner bully. πŸ’€ I bully out of love, I promise.

This genuinely surprised me - the Ropalolyst! Being experimented on I suppose. I just thought it was really cool, had to take a picture while doing spy runs. That said, spy runs are now a bit trickier on Pluto, mostly because I get distracted by the treasurer, so I feel like a have to take a weapon that can actually deal damage not just powerleveling trash...

Well, Neptune is still old tile, my other leveling spot, so I can still cheese it if I so desire.

And a boot... to end this post.

I never know how to end posts. A post-scriptum rant about new weapons perhaps?

I like the new gunblade, it's kinda fun to use, but I'm not particularly used to the playstyle, the Xoris, on the other hand, I don't like at all. I think people use it to farm the Granum Void, I'll look into that later. Doing the last part of the quest was a pain in the arse with a weapon which I am not used to so I'm apprehensive about using it and I also don't have a Glaive stance. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

I do want Protea but I have to figure out how to get the 75 kills in each stage. I'm doing so many things at once I get overwhelmed and just not do anything at all haha.

Reminds me of the days when I would create to-do lists for Granado Espada, what to get, what upgrade... Could do similar for Warframe. Though right now my #1 goal is to get an amp for Viri, then I can move on with other stuff. My second goal is to finally unlock tier 4 of Perrin Sequence but Gram Prime Handle eludes me, it's an Axi rare, the most tedious farm of all.

The grind of unlocking new weapons, new stuff, new shinies really picks at something in my monkey brain. I want it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment