Friday, January 5, 2018

Pets : The Sims 4

So, the Pets expansion pack came out for the Sims 4 and I bought it as a nameday gift for myself in November. Shoulda waited until Christmas when there was a 50% sale... oh well!

Anyways, it's quite fun. It's a shame you can't really "control" the pet or see their needs in the UI like in previous Sims games.

My first pet was a cat because naturally cats are easier to take care of. Since I put them in ready-made families I adopted them. This is Sebastian and his cat. This kitty looks pissed all the time and it's very typical for cats.

And yeah I let the cat jump on counters, tables etc. In games it doesn't bother me, in real life the cat usually isn't allowed on some tables. Ironically the cat got "stuck" because it jumped on the fridge but couldn't get down because the counter had a coffee machine on it. Had to put the coffee machine on another counter so the cat could get down. So that's a thing.


Another family adopted a puppy. In the background you can see the Adoption Agency NPC, Shane (blonde dude) and Wren (brunette dude), their adoptive daughter Alessandra is playing with the puppy.

I really like how cute the animals are. I might make my own pet eventually. I think this puppy's name was Dakota.

Since there are no small animals like rodents or parrots, I let Gola's family (in canon he has chinchillas) adopt a dog and wow, she is absolutely beautiful. I honestly adore her.

Here is Peter (Gola's dad) on a walk with their dog, her name is Heidi. She is an active dog so you can go on a jog with her, she is also adventurous so you can go on adventures. For some reason she also gets in fights with squirrels a lot and had to be taken to the vet twice.
 
I'll probably make more pets and put them in families. I have Ella's family and in canon they have four dogs so that would be interesting. I actually want to see how multiple pets interact, so I might only make two to not overwhelm myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment