Friday, January 5, 2018

Room Intruder : Dream Diary

Happy New Year (and Merry Christmas...). This will be my first blog post of 2018. Exciting! As you can see, I've created a new tag - dream diary, which will chronicle my dreams. Not related to the game Yume Nikki in any way (naturally any true weeb wouldn't translate the name anyways).

Just a warning - I don't blog a lot anyways and this particular tag will mostly likely will be the least populated because I remember my dreams very rarely. As far as I know I don't have any mental problem, just very deep sleep I suppose. That's why I feel it's important to write out my dreams when I do remember them, since there are some reoccurring themes that are very interesting to me. 

Anyways, dream under the cut.
It started with me going shopping in a big shopping center. This reflects something I like to do in real life - a little bit of shopping therapy. Anyways, since this is a dream I get a bizarre thought: I need a place to stay the night. Though the timing was odd, I think initially in the dream it was 6AM and what I needed only opened at 8AM so I just needed a place to loiter at (but later the dream mysteriously turns to night time, so obviously this is just dreamspace timewarp).


The view was 3rd person and then suddenly I enter a dorm-room type room and it switches to first person. I think there were 3 beds. Two were obviously occupied with stuff scattered on them so I decided I'm gonna take the third bed. For some bizarre reason I started rummaging through the stuff of one of the bed's occupants, I saw some knick-knacks I liked (anime merch... dream pls) and started piling them on the table near "my" bed. Then I realized that it's not an abandoned room and those items actually belong to someone so I started feeling guilty but before I could put the items back, the room's occupants enter.

They greet me with an "oh, so you're our third roommate!" and are generally very friendly. They don't question the fact that my only belongings are my backpack (no idea if it had anything in it) and a blanket. The person whose stuff I almost stole notices it's been displaced. Since this is dreamspace, they believe my story when I told them it was in my way that's why I moved it to the table. 

There's a scenery switch and we went to some sort of event- this is where the switch to night-time happens. This part of the dream is blurry, but all I remember is for some reason I left my wallet on a table. In a public space. Yes, someone snatched it eventually. I ran after the thief but my first scream made my voice disappear and I tried my best to scream and I was very distressed but literally nobody who saw me understood that my wallet was stolen, they just ignored me.

I think at this point I gained lucidity in the dream (yes, sometimes I lucid dream but I can't control it) and I thought "well this is just a dream so my wallet isn't really stolen" and a sort of hard-reset happened and I was chilling somewhere with my wallet in my pocket.

Another scenery change. I realized I need to leave but 1) my blanket was still in the dorm room 2) since I wasn't actually occupying it I didn't have a key to it so I had to find my roomie. My roommates were highschoolers (or similar) and I was my university student self so I had to ask them to let me in the room without raising suspicion.

A new scenery - the school. There was some event going on yet again and it was really busy. Naturally in dreamspace the school had frustrating architecture - it had really confusing hallways and staircases and I got lost in like 5 minutes, at one point I walked up this staircase that was very tall, very steep and the steps were carpeted. I got almost to the top and then just slid down because I physically couldn't stand on the steps.

Then I found one of the roomies and asked her to lead me to "our" room. Apparently it was the middle of the schoolday so leaving the premises would be considered skipping (at no point did the roomie ask why am I not in class or participating in events, nor did she protest in taking me to the dorm room). We went to the cloakroom and there was this weird contraption blocking us. Like a fence with random strings attached to it - roomie told me that the point is that if someone "triggers" the system the school would be alerted of someone skipping school. Obviously the strings were put together in a way that nobody could limbo their way through. The roommate started cutting the strings (no alert system was triggered) and I think I got through.

At this point the dream ended. No idea if I ever got my blanked and escaped from the room before my roomies realized I wasn't meant to be there.

This dream had one reoccurring theme - I need to retrieve an item (or get to a place) but the setting is constantly against me: it takes a very long time to travel a short distance, there's always an obstacle and I'm always late. Really odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment