Friday, January 12, 2018

To Kill a God : Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire

So, the other day I booted up GW2 and finished the main story line for Path of Fire. Took me some time, huh?

Really like the design of this marshal.
Story wise Path of Fire was better than Living Story Season 3, though I took a long break so I sort of forgot what was going on. Overall I liked it and I'm interested what Living Story Season 4 will bring (I started it but haven't got far). I'm extra excited to find out what will happen to Kralkatorrik and how balance will be returned to Tyria.

He watches....
What I like most about Path of Fire is that they returned to what Guild Wars 2 is about - exploration. Heart of Thorns was difficult for two reasons:
1) most maps had an overarching meta event and many areas were closed off if you weren't participating (and since they're group events good luck going there alone);
2) the maps were generally "vertical" since the glider was introduced, I personally hate navigating via glider.

The Crystal Desert seems much more welcoming, I mean, I finished Crystal Oasis Map Completion on my own, no stupid Hero Points with Champion movs, no meta events. Good.
Also the mounts are very fun and make exploring easier since you move around faster and it's easier to plan your moves with a mount than mid glide while you're descending. I'm really not good at fast-paced real time strategies, I'm more of a turn based person!
That said I hate timed achievements and just achievement hunting in general. Maybe I'll find someone to aid me with them.

As for new specializations:
I'm a bit sad you can't have two elite specs on at the same time since I enjoy Daredevil's staff for the melee, though Deadeye seems pretty nice too but I need to learn it.
Haven't tried weaver, I'm now doing the story a second time with my elementalist to unlock Crystal Desert maps and the Weaver specialization and such. Will try to get the collections for the specialization weapons. Maybe.
Also need to get the Jackal and Griffon mounts.

Overall I'd give Path of Fire a solid 7/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment