Thursday, February 1, 2018

20 questions about OCs : Original

I found an original character questionnaire so I filled it out. Originally it's meant to be a twitter meme where 1 like = 1 answer but I don't have the audience so I'm making my own content. 😊



1.      Oldest OC

Rebb/Lionel
This is one of the earlier designs for him. He hasn't changed too much, I just made his design more "realistic". Ironically Rebb is still the weirdest character design wise.
This is what he looks like. Only one prosthetic, his scars are different, he's a true albino instead of silver-haired.

2.      Newest OC

David
He's a nerdy boy who is a total history buff.
David was Tobias' first boyfriend, they met in high school at the Occult History Club. They developed a close friendship which later bloomed into a serious relationship. Tobi was quite crazy about David.

3.      Favorite OC

It's hard to decide, probably a tie between Tobias, Caym and Gola. I really like my pretty boys.
If I draw horrible MS Paint memes it means I love a character, here is Al flirting with Tobi to make Eric jealous.

4.      Any Villains?

Wiike, others I don’t want to disclose

5.      Main reason for making OCs?

Either drawing a certain fantasy or for my original stories. Some characters are created on a whim, sometimes even simply to draw a cute couple. Some characters are family for more important characters.

6.      Describe your character creation process

Thre’s three main ways:
a.       I have a sudden urge for a certain archetype (Ella, David)
b.      I create them first in an MMO (Wiike, Lieire)
c.       It starts as a joke and becomes legit (Misha, Kira)

7.      Fav OC ship

Can't decide between TobiasxDavid/TobiasxEric and GolaxAL
Posting Gola and Al because this is a cute drawing.

8.      Do you ship your OCs with someone else’s OCs?

Don’t roleplay much so no

9.      Weirdest OC

Kira or “meth witch”
She started as a joke as a witch whose literally high off her ass 24/7 (there is actually a canon reason for her being inebriated/high) and also looking like an unwashed hippie. Now she's a legit character.

10.  Favorite OC design

Caym
This is an older drawing but what I love Caym is the mix of punk and glamour. He's sassy but he's also sharp!

11.  Would you consider yourself nice to your OCs?

Not really! To some... In all honesty, I like being edgy about some of my characters and giving them sad backstories or just fucking them over. Normal people don't make for a good story.

12.  An OC you’ve killed?

Well, David dies. That’s official. Anyone else is a secret.

13.  Are any of your OCs parents?

Elisabeth is technically one because she adopted Caym when he was 13, Eric has 3 legit children. Some characters become parents later on but not in current timeline so I don't count them as parents "now".

14.  Are there any OCs you find yourself neglecting?

A lot of the side characters like Mocori or Blossom, basically anyone who isn't main three (Tobias, Caym, Gola and the characters closest to them).

15.  An OC that’s difficult to draw/write/rp

Any OC that is less developed and who hasn’t developed an “organic” personality. In terms of drawing – Yin, he doesn’t come out as handsome as I want him to.

16.  Tallest and shortest OC

Tallest – Misha

Shortest - Wiike
Don't wanna post the same drawing twice so have a Super Sexy Swimsuit Wii

17.  Oldest and youngest OC

Oldest: technically Elisabeth, Caleb or Ania. Factually – Ralf.
From the immortals Caleb is the oldest, then comes Elisabeth and Ania. Caleb died when he was in his 30s, Elisabeth was late 20s, Ania was early 20s.
Ralf is oldest non-immortal named character, he's about 50 (and has been married to Elisabeth for ~30 years).

Youngest: Sebastian
He's 15 in current timeline. I can't draw young-looking characters!!!

18.  Do you dislike any of your OCs?

No! I couldn’t write or draw them if they bored me. Though maybe some of them have dislikeable personalities.

19.  Have you ever made a self insert?

Ages ago! I wanted to make Hecate an “ironic” self insert but chickened out lol, she was originally meant to be Catherine. Hecate is a variation of Ekaterina, the slavic version of Catherine which is based on the ancient greek word for the goddess.

20.  An OC regret


So far – none! If I dislike a character I suck it up and just redesign them. As long as I don’t have a published story I can retcon a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment