Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Back again : Guild Wars 2

So, a new expansion for Guild Wars 2 just launched - End of Dragons! Which means that after a very, very long hiatus I have jumped back into the game.

Truth be told I am nowhere near getting to play the expansion, however. I never finished any content after Path of Fire so I am quite lost on the plot. Not only that, I don't even remember that well what I did play so I decided to create a new character so I can try out a class I hadn't played much - the Engineer! The EoD spec for them seems fun and in general it's good to re-tread old paths with something new, at least that's what I think.

Technician Viri visiting the Pale Tree

Right now I am catching up with the base story, mostly to remember how to even play GW2. 
Caithe and Faolain's tumultuous relationship left a very strong impression on me even to this day.

Once I finish the main base story, get to lvl 80 and decide what I want to do with my engi I will decide which stories to pursue further - I am thinking of skipping LS2 and HoT for now since that story is most familiar to me. Thinking of going straight to Path of Fire and then playing through everything that comes after. I will mostly focus on stories and maybe a little bit of exploration so I can at least unlock new specs but I will see where my adventures take me.

Honestly, GW2 is still very fun to play even after all these years - simply exploring the maps can be very rewarding. Also I don't want to overwhelm myself after such a long time of not playing at all.

At some point I will also have to check out the new specializations for the other classes. Elementalist got a hammer so that seems fun, I've always had fun with the mesmer specs and the expansion packs made me love thieves. Perhaps the same will happen with engineer too? Or at least I will enjoy playing as an asura.
It's a bit ironic that asura and sylvari are my favorite races but two of my most played characters happen to be human.

No comments:

Post a Comment