Saturday, November 12, 2022

Tennotober 2022 : Warframe

Another year, another Tennotober. Decided to make a post with all the drawings I did this year. Bit of a shame I did not do a post for 2021, but then again, I could make a separate post, so what if it's almost the end of 2022!

Covid and Russia's invasion of Ukraine has sort of blended the past three years into one big porridge, so time seems irrelevant. I thought this year was particularly dreary and depressive, but truth be told, this is the first proper post-Covid year so simply I haven't had the opportunity to work-from-home as much, which means I can't procrastinate by drawing while I'm working. Last year was productive work wise exactly because I did not have that much to do at work.

This year I re-started studies in university, so now I have two obligations - work and PhD studies, so that just adds up to my low energy issues. Doesn't mean I didn't get to draw at all! I wasn't particularly productive this Tennotober, but at the same time - last year burnt me out pretty bad. I have barely picked up a pen and paper this year, even though I usually love traditional art. Anyways, less complaining, more Tennotober.



I decided to take it easy - no tracing with the light pad, just going with inks over a sketch and maybe straight to ink as well. A little bit of a silly looking drawing for starters.

Wisp Coven! My favorite Wisp skin, I just love witches and their hats, what else can I say.

The "Anime" prompt was one I had like 10 super funny ideas, but in the end I didn't feel like drawing so I went for something quick and not as polished as I wanted it to be, oh well! Sometimes "something" is better than "nothing".

Suddenly I switched to digital inks. x) This year I'm not pushing myself so might as well switch to digital ink as well.

This is one of the prompts I managed to put a lot of effort into! One can really see when something was drawn over the weekend, when I can actually go through sketch and lineart on my own terms. I wouldn't mind if Tennotober switched to a weekly basis, or semi-weekly. Less prompts but more time to polish them.

Really wanted to draw at least one QTTC week prompt! Cressa Tal with some pink flair~

Another piece I managed to flesh out more! Had some fun with a silver marker. :P

And - final prompt I drew for the event! Also one of my favorites, I call this a digital linocut. Some art methods are very fun but unfortunately require space and materials, so I just mess around digitally. Also drawing monochrome like this is a way to make complicated designs "easier".

That's it! My Tennotober 2022 gallery, I am happy I managed to draw at all. x)

No comments:

Post a Comment