Saturday, November 12, 2022

The Land of Wisdom : Genshin Impact

Last time I wrote about Genshin was in August... during the summer event. Well, several months have passed, Sumeru is out and the Archon quest has concluded!

I will do a short and sweet retrospective post to put down all my thoughts about the new region.

In short - I loved it! Truly, after the many disappointments of Inazuma, Hoyoverse put on their big boy pants and delivered a one-of-a-kind experience. Spoilers under cut!

This isn't a spoiler, just me having fun - Tighnari really helps with gathering materials for Sumeru characters, this was me pre-farming for Nahida~

Speaking of Tighnari - his was the first character quest I did. I really liked the story of Karkata and its creator, very happy Tighnari kept it as a pet. So far I have played two character quests and both have had solid storytelling.

The other character quest I've played so far is Nilou's, which quickly turned into something that hit way too close to home. A daughter who constantly disappoints her father, runs away, only to awkwardly reconcile later. I like how Hoyo handled the conflict between Inayah and her father - he managed to see the error of his ways, but it wasn't an immediate conclusion! It takes time to mend deep wounds...

Also seeing Nilou debate an Akademiya researcher was fun. :P The dialogue picking option is a neat little mechanic added to the Sumeru quests.

This is the only shot I will show from the Archon quest... it was an experience, so many things happened, tears were shed. I genuinely loved it, I think Sumeru's Archon quest is now my #1 favorite. Hoyoverse definitely took to heart every mistake from Inazuma and delivered a real diamond. Also it was quite lengthy, five acts in total, definitely over 10 hours in raw content. To me number of hours isn't everything but at the same time we got enough time to flesh out all the characters and their motivations.

The only other thing I will share is the new boss - Scaramouche, in his God Mode! A very fun boss fight that almost feels like a proper raid, very hectic, lots of going on with some very tight moments. 
Also, the most important part:


His boss theme, absolutely phenomenal! I think I like it even more than Azhdaha's, however, La Signora's theme is still my favorite. I think it's the vocals that get me, or maybe I am partial towards the Fatui. Who knows~ Anyways, great quest, great weekly boss, great music. An 11/10 experience from Hoyoverse.

That brings us to current events - a cute little fungi Pokemon event. There were so many events between quests I can't count them all. I really can't get bored of Genshin Impact. xD Counting all the stuff to do would be a bit too much.

Recent unrest on different social media platforms has prompted me to return to blogger to write about my thoughts. I might return in a few months again.

No comments:

Post a Comment