Sunday, August 16, 2015

Art: Various

Been kind of bummer about my story because the more I try the flimsier my plot becomes. I get one good idea but then I get several plot holes and don't know where to put characters. I suppose I need to regroup and rethink my protagonists and conflicts. Still, that won't stop me from presenting characters!
 Arthur! Good ol' Arthur, who hasn't changed a lot. Only his hairdo changes. One day I was making up people in my head and I came up with this eccentric dude who is very artsy. So here is the new and improved Arthur - a pianist who inherited his father's billion dollar corporation but wants to do nothing with it. Alas, his father has died and there is no other heir. Now the poor artist has to deal with synthetics and robots and other things he vaguely understands.
 Elisabeth, one of my witch characters. She's an 'ogre witch' meaning she is the scary type who eats children. That's not an exaggeration, she uses the life essence of young children to prolong her own life. As dangerous as she is to the 'normal' world she manages a shelter for 'abnormals' who have nowhere to go. Her lifestyle is a secret to all but her familiar and a certain other person.
Elisabeth's familiar is Caym who can shapeshift into a hummingbird. She holds him very dear and he has become attached to her like a mother figure.
 Mocori, a different witch! She is a fortune-teller witch, meaning that she possesses a crystal ball and can indeed foretell the future with 50% precision. Whether life is in one's hands or the future is like the weather is a completely different discussion. She's roommates with Malloana and both keep each others secrets.
Mocori's familiar is Blossom who also happens to be her girlfriend. She can shapeshift into a flamingo and a cat, the latter being a more inconspicuous disguise. 
 A little doodle of Zebelun, my drawings become less and less inspired. I have yet to get down his exact design. Imagining how a character looks is one thing, turning it into reality is something completely different.
Last comes a doodle of Yin stretching his limbs.
Stretching and any sort of physical activity is more about mental well being than physical as synthetics mostly cannot feel such sensations as stretching their muscles so they keep exercising just to feel like they're in control of their bodies. Yin was never a flexible person so he is not bothered by his new body but he likes doing simple exercises for fun. It's strange when your body feels only half of the sensations it did before. Better than being paralyzed from the neck down, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment