Thursday, August 20, 2015

Misc: Blast to the past

My PC has a lot of old drawings in it, which I had completely forgotten about until yesterday. I realized how much I like the old Granado Espada doodles so I'm gonna share a blast from the post through the years 2010 till 2013.


2010

 I believe this is Oli's Doon, hard to explain anything more. Angry cuddle with kittens.
 My first banner, when I called this blog 'Doll shelf' - a doll Cathy with a fairy Eduardo.
 Good ol' Grasi being a cooldude, he even has a trump gaiter, ain't that cute.
 The file name was 'Edu the hoe' which explains about everything.
My first favs in GE when I started playing - summoner Catherine, Eduardo and Gracielo (with his derpy iguana). I wonder how my life would have been if I had started playing when Cathy could become a real support character. I'd be the worst quester for sure.









2011

 Little Lorch, Hellena and Irawain. I have no idea why they're in one picture. I think Irawain and Hellena were gossipers of some sort and Lorch was the poor innocent baby finding love somewhere. The filename is 'Lorch found Rio'.
 A slightly more mature looking drawing, look at this nerd.
 "Bro" the iguana-turned-Baek is basically my greatest creation. He's saying "It's hard a person as incredible as me. I am a diva" and the word to the right pointing to him says "fat" (as in the tissue not him being fat).
 Cinderella hour with a Kurt drawn by Oli.
 Lorch and Rio, their relationship summarized in one picture. My Lorch had a turtle backpack so his theme was turtles, methinks.


 ION! Basically he was very sassy.


 Bro liked to eat legs, he was a cannibal but it was played for laughs.










Grasi riding an iguana.
 Special 'guest drawing' by Oli - it's Kurt and Lyndon. Though I think I drew the Lyndon and Oli added the Kurt.

 Sudden style and medium change! Raven! Not the first one I've did. What a cute picture.















Another Raven. By this time I settled on how to draw him.
















Raven and Ralph. This was a milestone of a new era. I think this is the first digital scribble of Ralph? Might be more doodles in the traditional folder but I'm not counting that in this review.













This is officially the very first Raven I drew.


















2012

 Blogger decided this piece of art should be the first of 2012 so there it is, good since it's a redraw of an earlier 2012 piece. Basically 2012 was my height in art - I drew A LOT and tried a lot of things which actually shows in improvement. You can see the vast stylistic and quality difference in 2011 and 2012. I think 2012 was when my art style cemented itself, because when I do redraws now they don't change that much, which might be sad in others aspects but this is about reminiscing GE times not critiquing my artistic growth. So yeah.
 At one point in my long-ongoing RP with Oli we had three Lionels - Dullie, who was Oli's Lio, Rebbie or Rebel who was my washed up druggie and 'Ranch boy' who took the place of the in-game Lio who stands in front of the Viron building.
 At some point Ralph and Remi (Reckless Emily) became monster friends, whatever that means.
 A snippet from the Bristia saga. This picture tells a story that's too long for words.
 My type of humor, obviously. Ion being pretty and Lionel being a douche.
 Ralph babysitting Remily.
 Garcia in front of a horde of undead. I really like this one.
 Our RP sailed a ship - Tora and JD. There was also a rude, ship crazy dove who's name I've forgotten.
 Cruz and Calypso look so alike I decided they must be related. Their age gap looks a bit too big for siblings so I did some cray math to make it out that Cruz is her father. There was no lovey-dovey in that relationship so I sometimes drew them interacting like this for laughs.
 Ion is a beautiful princess.
 Montoro and a Fordoi. I think it's Choppi the famous super fat and adorable Great Fordoi, another result of our RP shenanigans.
 Hellena and Beatrice, at some point I just started pairing up everyone who looked like they could chill together.
 A doodlepainting of Raven.
 More of my incredible humor.
 A sketch of a painting I saved too late. My style has mutated in that tumblr stage where I color noses in and make everyone 'ugly' on purpose. Ok, I wasn't making him ugly, I was trying to give each character distinguishable features so they all don't look the same.
 And then there's this. Even Ralph, an all time favorite, wasn't safe from the 'gay humor'.
 A very fabulous Raven.
 I drew this once and thought it was funny. My humor is off the charts. That's Cruz, Lionel, Ralph and Raven getting off the charts high.
 A tiny leprechaun. Ralph has an ugly green costume so he's a leprechaun, obviously.
 The running joke was that Ion was stupidly naive and childish.
 Garcia with a zombie friend.
 TORA! Another era, look at this cute tsundere bumbum. Oli recently gave me 'back' the Tora I gave him so he could have two so I can stare at my own bby.
Adelina or Addy, the pirate mama who took care of Tora.
 I actually put effort in my drawings back then, I actually drew Hellena in the monstrosity that is Cattleya. I love the costume but drawing GE costumes is just tedious work. A nice sketch nonetheless.
Rebbie having illicit thoughts, typical humor. Though it was never meant as a bad thing, my characters simply had very ambiguous sexualities to begin with, mostly because of shipping purposes. Are they gonna end up with girls or boys? Nobody knows!

 2013


 A less productive year. This is Grandies, Rio (I think) and Veronif. I think I played them as a team for laughs? I have no idea why they're together.
 A Raven. I suddenly started drawing him all blonde and darkening his skintone so he actually looks tan. No clothes because I hate drawings clothes not because I am some sort of mystical pervert.
 This one is purely because I am a pervert. JD seducing Tora, incredible.
 I'm posting this because I cannot recall the reasoning behind making this. It looks a lot like Rio but why he has a Ralph (?) plushie is a mystery to me. What kind of bullshit story did I make up at that point is beyond me.
 Natalie! I like how she looks, she has that uglycute charm, her face is a bit weird but I just find her precious, probably because of the Japanese voiceovers that I use, she sounds like a worried girl. It's sweet, she's like the hardworking little sister.
Also I know whom she's referring in the picture and that is a product of my weird shipping and it's embarrassing!
 Incredible humor.
 Sexy Rascel, I don't even know how to comment that. Look at them buns.
 Rebbie's design changed, I switched from all eyes bruised to half a face. He's one of the characters I made up that I still adore very much.
 More Rebbie. He's a very bratty character, like a grown up Ludin so when I saw Cadet Lionel my first thought was - where were you when Rebbie was made? 'Cause the academy troublemaker fits Reb perfectly, plus the cute short hair. If only Lionel had a pink hair option...
 This is probably a product of 1AM weirdness but the timestamp says 7pm. Vincent being incredible. I think I watched Pewdiepie videos back then and I thought it was funny how in one video he yelled 'THE POWER OF SATAN COMPELS YOU" to a vampire.

I dunno why Cruz is in such a picture, he's not a mean person. Humor!











And that's it for a blast to the past. In 2014 I stopped drawing GE altogether as I turned to another fandom and now I'm back to where I started. Thinking of jumping right back into the GE craze and brushing up on all the stories because this game gave me a lot of inspiration, better than to force myself get by with original characters...

No comments:

Post a Comment