Saturday, April 16, 2022

Viri is kot now : Final Fantasy XIV

So, at the end of December I started playing Final Fantasy XIV, unfortunately it was during a huge, new update so the queues were abysmal and I didn't feel like wasting 2 hours of my evening free time waiting to get into a game. Then, when I renewed my sub in January, coincidentally I had my debit card info stolen so I had to shut down the card and order a new one.

Some time passed, it's April now, I renewed my sub again and re-started playing where I left off! I got sucked in hard and have been spending many hours powering through the MSQ and Archer quests, also dabbling into crafting here and there. I am trying not to overwhelm myself too much with all the new stuff and mechanics.

Doing dungeons with a premade NPC party is what motivated me to restart, since compulsory group content is what held me off getting really into the game. Thankfully, I have friends to play with in the future but I also like exploring on my own and learning by playing. I cleared the first two newbie dungeons and it was fun! I don't know why I imagine MMOs to be super fast paced and wild but so far it's just stand in place, then move away from big attack. I like that!
It is I, the capable adventurer! A lot of people say the base MSQ and starting story for FFIXV is a bit of a drag and a hurdle for new players but I find it surprisingly engaging. I'd say it works well as an establishing story, you do get some ominous story bits where you don't quite get what's going on but at the same time I am slowly learning about the world and I am starting to understand how things are.
Doesn't stop me from getting lost in towns, though. 😅
Thank you ma'am for being so nice to me... Supportive, motherly characters will always earn a special place in my heart.
After leaving Gridania for the first time I was greeted with an ominous cutscene, I suppose introducing me to the Bad Guys, fittingly all clad in black, red, white and with horned helmets. Can I just say that their designs are super cool? Why are evil empires always just so fashionable? I want to find where to sign up so I can get my spooky badass helmet!
Handsome blonde men are my #1 weakness, but I also don't want to trust any guy named Nero. That's all I'm gonna say for now. I have a vague knowledge of all the main NPCs, mostly via cultural osmosis from all the people I follow on twitter who play FFXIV alongside our other mutual interests. Let's hope I won't be too primed on first impressions though, I want to get to know the characters on my own terms!
Speaking of getting to know characters... This lady is very handsome and seems like a very stern leader type, being an Admiral and all. I am ready to simp. 😳
Oh, I am getting weak in the knees.


That's all for now, have a little capy:

Ps. Remember when I got back into GW2? Yeah, I got a general games burnout and stepped away... and when I regained desire to game again I turned to FF14, such is life. 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment