Saturday, April 2, 2022

Families and Curses : Genshin Impact

A new update has graced Genshin Impact, which means that the eternal grind loop comes to a halt and I can explore new places and play new quests! I am still waiting for Angels of Zariman on the Warframe end and lost a bit of steam in regards to Guild Wars 2... so I guess this is my own eternal loop of playing different games. 😅

Right now there is a photo event on so I'm allowing myself to have some fun with action shots.

I also played Ayato's story quest and the new Archon quest, so spoilers below!
Ayato's story wasn't so much about him as it was about the politics of Inazuma. I quite liked it, I am biased towards conspiracy and political intrigue stories. The plot overall was simple - there are two people in love from high ranking clans from different commissions. Kamaji and Chisato love one another a lot, but Chisato marrying into the Kujou clan would not only destabilize the Hiiragi clan but also the Kanjou commission. So Ayato untangles the plan of a seemingly hasty marriage to hold it off, thus elevating Chisato's status and also keeping all commissions happy.

I think I am growing fond of Ayato in general and he is incredibly powerful as a playable character. I lost 50/50 on Asia for him and I'm saving for Ayaka on EU so... vainly hoping that I will scrounge enough primogems to actually get him on Asia. I am not expecting anything but I won't go down without fighting, as silly as that sounds. 😤

So, the other quest I played was the Archon quest...
I planned to hold the Chasm quests off until I finally catch up with content on my alt, but a friend tipped me off that the Archon quest was really good.
In short - it was. It was really good.


I will not write a long review, only post this image from the very end, to intrigue anyone who might want to find out more about the people of Khaenri'ah and to start feeling really bad about fighting hilichurls.
The Traveler's twin also makes an appearance, however, it is not a direct reunion. Overall, even though Dainsleif was a character I was not particularly intrigued in (I care more about the twins and why they are traveling) but this quest really spoke to me.

Since I last posted I got both Yae and Kokomi but I haven't fully built them yet. I got a bit burnt out on the grindy aspects of Genshin so I've been lazy with gathering ascension and talent materials. I got energy to play Warframe again so I guess I get tired of one grind and I return to another. Inbetween it all I'm catching up with Guild Wars 2's story, though that demands the most mental energy from me so it's the easiest to burn out... I want to actually pay attention to the story so I have to be attentive. It's a bit embarrassing how I have to plan gaming sessions like this but what can you do... 

No comments:

Post a Comment